1. Do I need to schedule an appointment for my first visit? Yes. During your initial consultation you will meet with our Nurse Practitioner where she will thoroughly review your medical history, your current medication regimen, and your specific health and weight loss goals. She also spends as much time as needed ensuring adequate nutritional information is covered during your visit. This visit typically lasts about 30 minutes; we respect your time, but also want to make sure you are equipped will all the necessary information and tools needed for long-term success. You can schedule your appointment with us by calling (865)-249-7956. You can find the “New Patient” paperwork here.
2. Do I need to schedule an appointment for my follow-up visits? No. Please feel free to walk-in anytime during our business hours without a scheduled appointment for your follow-up. This includes prescription refills and/or injections. We do request that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to closing though, unless you have called and let us know otherwise.
3. How much does the consultation or office visit cost? It is complimentary; there are no charges for the initial visit or follow-up visits. All you ever pay for is any medication, injection, and/or supplement that you and the Nurse Practitioner decide are a good addition for you, to help you achieve your health and weight loss goals.
4. Do you accept health insurance? No. Unfortunately most health insurance agencies do not cover weight loss programs, therefore we do not accept them.
5. How often do I need to come to your office? For any and all prescriptive medication refills, we require follow-up, including your weight and blood pressure, prior to refilling or dispensing any medication. For most, this is about every four weeks. However, if you are receiving one of our lipotropic injections, we recommend those weekly for three weeks.
6. Do I receive a meal plan or nutritional information to take home? Yes. We firmly believe this is the most vital step to obtain and maintain the most optimal health possible. Besides the nutritional counseling you receive during your consultation, you will also receive a meal plan and snack guide to take home that day.
7. Do you offer customized meal plans? Yes. Our Nurse Practitioner has a lot of experience designing meal plans based on one's medical history, as well as, their current health and weight loss goals. For a small additional fee, we are happy to create and customize a meal plan specific for you. These typically are designed and returned to you within 7 days of your request.
8. Do you dispense the medication and/or supplement in-office? Yes. You never have to worry about taking a prescription somewhere else and having it filled. We dispense all medications and supplements from our office.
9. Can anyone take phentermine? No. You are not a good candidate for phentermine if you have uncontrolled hypertension, glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, a history of heart attack and/or stroke, irregular heartbeat, are currently pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you take a medication of the MAOI class. Also there is specific criteria your body mass index (BMI) must meet to be a good candidate.
10. Do you offer natural alternatives instead of phentermine? Yes. We offer diucaps, which are an effective and natural alternative to phentermine, as well as, various lipotropic injections. If you are not a candidate for phentermine for any of the above reasons, these are a great and safe option for you!
11. Do you offer appetite suppressants other than phentermine? Yes. We do offer another prescriptive appetite suppressant and a natural appetite suppressant supplement. So if you have taken phentermine before without great success, we do have other options available.
12. Can you take the prescriptive medication and the injections together? Yes. Most of our medications, supplements, and injections are safe to take together. In fact, most individuals like to mix at least two supplements or injections to maximize and accelerate their results.
13. Do I have to buy any food supplements or products from your office? No. Our meal plan and our nutrition suggestions are based on real food.
14. Do you offer any discounts? Yes. We frequently run specials on our products and those can be found under our "specials" tab or on our social media accounts; just be sure to mention them when you come in.
15. Do you offer a referral discount? Yes. If you refer someone and they write your name down when they come in, you will receive 10% off your next visit with us.
Scheduling / Payment Inquiries
16. What if your hours aren't conducive to my schedule? We understand that you are incredibly busy between family and work commitment. In certain circumstances, we do offer "after-hour" appointments by request. We promise to be flexible and do our best to accommodate your schedule.
17. What forms of payment do you accept? We accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and cash. We do not accept checks.